background

Sunday, March 11, 2012

First Week's Review

Ok, so we have come to the end of the first week. 

For my crafty project (still haven't come up with a good name for this because it could be a crafty project or an organizing project) I reorganized my scrapbooking ribbon.  I have known that I have an obsession with ribbon, but I actually saw it with this project.  I have spent the last 10 years trying to find a good way to organize my ribbon (ok so not every second of the 10 years, but I have been scrapbooking for 14 years and my ribbon has always annoyed me).  I love organization (if any of you follow me on Pintrest, you have probably noticed).  What I don't like about ribbon is that the spools aren't the same size.  If they were all the same size then I would be in heaven, everything would have a place and be able to stay in it's place.  I found this idea on Pintrest.  I also loved this idea because I had all the supplies already in my house, so not only did I not have to buy anything...I didn't have to leave the house to do it!!!  I gathered my ribbon, cut some cardboard, and started taping and wrapping.  I didn't think it would take me very long, and I was very gung-ho because I started it last Sunday, which if any of you remember...was the first day of my blog.  I was ready to do all my projects, do all my housework, and blog...enter 3 month-old's agenda.  Anyhoo, I started the project around 2:30ish that afternoon as soon as I laid Ayden down for one of his naps.  That day, he decided that he didn't want to take any long naps.  None of his naps were longer than 30 minutes, and if he wasn't sleeping, he wanted to be held.  SO...I didn't get to finish that project until about 10:30/11:00 that night.  But I think I love it.
Before

After!!!  :)








What I like about this new way of organizing my ribbons, is I can see everything I have at one glance.  (ps this isn't all the ribbon I have, I know I have more).  But I took all the ribbon that was spilling over one box and put it into a smaller box with room to grow. (you know what that means!!!)

All I used was an organizing box (Itso from Target) and cut my pieces of cardboard 10 1/2 x 6".  The shorter pieces of ribbon I saved for the end.  I cut the remaining 2 boards in half lengthwise and wrapped my smaller ribbon.  In the small container to the left, I had some fibers that were already wrapped on cardboard of their own so I left them.  They just don't fit in the box, and I am ok with that.

Even with seeing my obsession with ribbon right in front of my face, it will NOT stop me from looking at the ribbon at Michaels and possible purchasing a roll or two.  Especially now, because I know I can add it to my collection on cardboard!







Ok, next is my new recipe to try. 
I was wanting couscous last weekend.  I didn't just want it as a side to something, I wanted it as part of the main dish.  After cruising through many recipes, I found something that has a little bit of many things.  You can substitute the kielbasa for any kind of sausage-type food you like.  It can be beef or turkey kielbasa, chicken sausage, Italian sausage (pork or turkey), really the possibilities are limitless.

Chicken & Kielbasa Couscous

Ingredients:
3 pack boneless/skinless chicken breast +season&flour
    (However you like to season your chicken, I used Tony Chachere’s Original Creole seasoning,        salt, pepper, cheyenne pepper, then tossed in flour until it was lightly coated.)
1 package of kielbasa (or sausage-type food of your choice)
1 large sweet onion
2 good size green peppers
6-8 cloves of garlic
3T butter
2 boxes of Near East Couscous (flavor of your choice)


Directions:
(cook couscous according to box directions first)
Cut kielbasa lengthwise and then slice.
 Dice chicken into bite size pieces, season, and flour.
 Dice up green pepper and onion.
 Brown kielbasa and set aside.
 Brown chicken (in same pan) and set aside.
 Sauté green pepper and onion in butter, when soft (you can easily cut it when your stirring utensil), add garlic, and stir for about a minute or so.  Be careful, you don’t want to burn the garlic...yuck!
 Add chicken and kielbasa to veggies.  You can either add couscous to the mix or put it on the plate and add chicken, kielbasa, veggies on top.
Goes great with a Greek salad!

This makes quite a bit, probably about 6 good size servings. 


And now for my experience from new motherhood.

It's nothing fancy, but what I learned (and have to remind myself everyday) is...no matter what I'm working on...fun or not...not to get upset when Ayden needs or wants attention.  Just hold him and be happy.  The other stuff can wait and it will be ok.  This kind of sounds mean that I have to tell myself this when Ayden is needing some attention, but there is something you need to understand about me.  Once I get my mind on something, I want to do it.  If it's getting the kitchen cleaned up after a meal, I need to do it so I can relax and the filth isn't staring at me and taunting me.  If it's a fun project, I just wanna sit and finish it cuz it's fun! (and to get the mess put away)  I am just used to being able to have my own agenda (around work of course, but that was predictable, considering I had a predetermined schedule).  It's weird because usually I use my ADD problem to get me out of doing/finishing things, but since I have been staying at home, I like to finish more things.  Oh well

Ok that's it, not all that grandiose, but it's fun for me.  Some people make fun of my blogginess, but that's ok.  I like it and that's all hat matters.

I smell poop...gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment