background

Friday, April 20, 2012

boring...

Still working on the stuff for the bridal shower...

The new recipe I tried was Paula Deen's Taco Soup (thanks to Gina, for giving me the idea).  It was pretty good, I kinda wanted it a little thicker, so don't know if next time, I might add a cream of some sort to thicken the broth.  It had good flavor but kinda tasted like chili to me, so I might add some hot sauce or maybe salsa instead of rotel or tomatoes.  But I would suggest you try it and tweek it to your taste buds! 

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 2 cups diced onions
  • 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
  • 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
  • 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
  • 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
  • 1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
  • 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
  • 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
  • Corn chips, for serving
  • Sour cream, for garnish
  • Grated cheese, for garnish
  • Chopped green onions, for garnish
  • Pickled jalapenos, for garnish

Directions

Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos. 

Controversial parental lesson that week.  I learned that if you wish people did or did not do certain things to or around your baby, politely let them know the first time it happens.  I am not going to go in to detail but got myself into a sticky situation when I didn't share my wishes the first time something happened and months later it came out, and in the wrong way.  Needless to say, neither of us handled the situation the best way.  Even tho I tried to fix it immediately, the other party was reluctant to and wouldn't let me explain.  They say they are over it, but body language and negative energy tell me otherwise.  I am over it, but think a little differently of that person now and am a little uncomfortable because that person wouldn't just talk to me so we could both get our thoughts out in the open.  Ok, I hafta stop there, I am getting annoyed all over again.  They are sweep-things-under-the-rug type of people and I am not.  I am forced to with this, but the lump will always be under the rug where I can see it.  

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment