background

Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter week

 http://pinterest.com/pin/137922807308198906/

Easter Bunny S'mores
It is a quart size mason jar filled with
1 1/4 cup  m&ms
8 marshmallow bunny peeps around the outside (you have to smoosh them a little bit)
one sleeve of graham cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup of brown sugar in a baggie and squished in the middle of the peeps and on top (I had to split into 2 baggies, one to go in the peeps and other other to be on top.  It was a TIGHT fit, but it worked.
Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:

1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)

*Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.

*This gift jar may be created to suit any holiday for which marshmallow candies are available.


Hope they liked them

My recipe this week isn't new to us, but it's a goodie.  It is the wonderful Banana Pudding recipe that I make for nearly everything.

-Mix 2 cups of milk with 2 (small) boxes of French Vanilla Pudding, then mix in an 8oz container of Cool Whip (it's the only time I use it and not make my own)
-In a separate bowl, mix 8 oz cream cheese (it's easier if it's close to room temp) with a small can of sweetened condensed milk (I don't remember the oz, cuz I always get the Publix one, and it only comes in one size, I will look and add it later).
-Mix the pudding mixture with the cream cheese mixture.
-Line your pan (I usually use a 9x11) with Pepperidge Farm Chessman Cookies
-Cut 6-8 bananas and mix into pudding.
-Spread pudding mixture over cookies
-Line more cookies on top of the pudding.
And there you go.  It's awesome and in no way healthy.  However, I have made it with reduced fat cream cheese and nobody knew the difference.  I am sure you could use a lesser fat milk and do they make a Cool Whip light? 

I have also made it in a trifle dish, so pretty, but a little harder to serve. 
I guess this is the only picture I have of my banana pudding.  I made it in the trifle for when we had it for our birthday and it was the cake. 

Parent lesson for that week:
(about 4 months late)...keep the camera handy and snap away!!!
A few years ago we purchased a Canon EOS 50D in the hopes of me starting some sort of photography business on the side.  HA...I am not really smart enough for this camera.  So most of the time, it sits in it's case where it won't get hurt.  I have kept it out more often and taken random pictures which has led to 2 good things.  I have more pictures of my baby boy and it has inspired me to learn how to take good pictures with my camera.






photos are like kisses...you can't have too many...


No comments:

Post a Comment