background

Monday, April 16, 2012

Busy busy busy

What?  A SAHM too busy to type a little blurb on the computer?  Don't we just sit at home and eat bonbons all day long?  We don't work, HA!
Ok, sorry, little sensitive.  I'm over it now.  Ayden's got a fresh diaper and is playing on the floor next to me.  Carter (neighbor's baby that I babysit a few days a week, he's 2 months younger than Ayden) has a fresh clean diaper and has just gone down for a nap.  I should have enough time to do a little catching up.

Just because I haven't blogged since...March 10 (yes that was my first weekend update (bad SNL reference)), doesn't mean that I will ditch out on what I have been doing.  I have been trying to think of how I will play catch up.  Should I do the first missed week and the current week?  And do 2 updates per week, or should I just do them in separate posts until I am caught up???  Then I thought...IT'S A BLOG, STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND JUST TYPE.  I can't help that I plan EVERYTHING!!!

So...here we go, let's see how much I can get done before a baby needs me.  (((I guess not much...Ayden is upset over something)  brb,  ok he's good now

March 17...
The crafty project I started this week, I didn't finish.  I am making a recipe binder.  For years, I have been trying to think of the perfect way to keep my recipes that was both cute and functional.  Right now I have the printouts and handwritten papers curled up in a vase that sits on top of my fridge.  When it's time to need one of those recipes, I just pick through until I find it.  So I found a cute idea that is quick and easy (all 3 things I like) :)  I started it this week, but did not get a chance to finish it.  This was the week that I started on stuff for the bridal shower that I co-hosted.  This is also the week that I started watching Carter.  So...coming soon, will be the finished project of my recipe binder

The new recipe I tried was Strawberry Cream Cheese filled Crepes.
(ok...time for some one-handed typing.  Mr Ayden decided he didn't want to play on the floor anymore.  He wanted to see what mom is doing).

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
  • 4 cups sliced strawberries
I cheated and got the crepes from the produce department at Publix.  They were yummy.




Something I learned as a new parent that week was not to plan too much.  Top priorities are; take care of Ayden, take care of me, then take care of the house.  Crafts, blogs, pintrest, etc. can wait.  So what I do now is write on my calendar things that need to get done on a specific day, then I take a blank sheet of paper and write down the other things that don't have a deadline.  I don't feel bad if I don't get that list completed in one day, that's not the intent.

Nothing really exciting.  Gonna go play with the baby, he is too energetic for one hand,

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment