background

Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 6: Plan Ayden's Birthday Weekend

Ok, so if you haven't figured out by now, I am a planner.  This...along with many things...I get from my mother.  She is actually the reason I planned like this for Ayden's birthday.  Of course I was going to make a few lists for the party itself, but my mother gave me ideas that took it to a whole new level. 

A few weeks back, I sent my mother a text about wanting to have a Pumpkin Party.  But I wanted to do it while she was down for Ayden's birthday party.  Since I am going to be making everything for the party (foodwise, except for the pizza), I knew my weekend was going to be busy and wondered if it was going to be to much to throw in a small get together of visiting and pumpkin flavored yumminess with some friends.  While on a walk one day, I called her to discuss such an idea.  She told me to plan out the weekend with everything that I needed to do and how long it would take me.  She used the example of a hairdresser planning her appointments, hour by hour (now that's my kind of planning)!  And if there were any large enough gaps to have the Pumpkin Party, then that would help me make my decision. 

So...out came the scrap paper; guest list, menu, to do, grocery list, cupcake recipes, and last but not least...the hourly plan for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  My mother is genius!!!  I can now see a better idea of how those days are going to pan out (of course nothing ever goes exactly to plan, but I there appears to be lots of wiggle room).  I am more at ease having my plan done and it's not for another 3 weeks. 

Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment